Robots in Retail and Shops
Retail is an ideal environment for social robots.
Social robots upgrade the retail experience and help your staff achieve their sales goals.
Very capable in natural interaction, humanoid robots have been successfully used as retail assistants in shops by companies like SoftBank and Pizza Hut.
In 2014, Nestlé began to equip some 1000 shops in Japan with Pepper robots. Their main duties are as sales representatives for the coffee machines produced by the company, and they are designed to inform prospective customers about different Nestlé products in a captivating way.
Social robots are also ideal as receptionists and providers of information to customers, and can add an extra dimension help tackle customer experience challenges.
In 2017, Renault announced plans to deploy a fleet of 120 Pepper robots in its French car showrooms on customer reception duties.
How can robots help you in a retail environment? They offer a number of benefits:
- Welcoming and attracting customers in a friendly and engaging manner;
- Answering questions about where a particular item or section of the store is located;
- Interacting with customers and imparting knowledge about a product range, presenting a particular item or item in a certain size;
- Allowing people to browse a product range, place an order, or see further information on their tablet;
- Processing orders and payments.